News & Info
Happy New Year to you all from the Officers and Committee of the SFTA!
Our communications include information about your membership, all things related to SFTA and, on occasion, opportunities to be involved in external events brought to our attention by our members.
SFTA is run entirely by volunteers and has no paid employees. The Committee acts on behalf of all members to ensure that all personal data is processed in an appropriate and lawful way.
How we collect your information
We collect your personal data in the following ways:
• Directly from you: when you fill in an application for membership, when you make enquiries on our website or when you interact with us during your time as a member in various ways including entering our dog shows
• From someone else who has registered for membership on your behalf (for example, a family member who has provided us with your contact details)
• From the Kennel Club, particularly in relation to judging & stewarding opportunities with this club.
• From any entry to a club show you might make through an external third party – such as Arena Print or the Kennel Club
Data we collect and store
We may collect the following types of personal data:
• Contact, communications and administration information, including your contact details (name, email addresses, phone numbers and postal address)
• Other information which you volunteer when making use of your membership benefits or when entering dog shows such as dog pedigrees, ownership details etc
• Details of suitability to act as judge/ steward at SFTA events
We store your personal data securely on password-protected computers and have systems in place to ensure the security of your data. These are stored by members who assist in the running of SFTA, including members of the Committee (mainly our treasurer, honorary secretary, pedigree archivist and year book editor).
How we use your data
All personal data held by SFTA is used only in connection with the business of the Association and for membership purposes. Generally, your data may be used to contact you about forthcoming dog shows, social events or times and dates of meetings (such as the Annual General Meeting). It is used to send out printed communications such as Smooth Talk and the Year Book.
In addition, your name, address, telephone number, email and where appropriate affix will be published in the SFTA yearbook ether as a member of the Association or the judges list. Details for committee members may be published on the SFTA web site.
Where necessary for the performance of a contract, we will contact you about anything relating to:
• your membership, including renewals, fees, forms and your membership benefits
• your membership of the judges list for Smooth fox terriers
• your entries to SFTA dog shows
Sharing your information with others
We will only ever share your personal data when it is in your interests as a member of our Association. Your data will not be passed to any third-party organisation or individuals unless you tell us otherwise.
There are two exceptions to this rule:
When entering SFTA dog shows you agree to us sharing your data with the Kennel Club.
When registering with SFTA to judge smooth fox terriers you agree to sharing your data with the Kennel Club and to your information being passed on to other Dog Clubs and Associations who are seeking to appoint judges.
We use a third-party data processor to produce mailing labels to enable us to send you club information by post and we have a contract in place with them to ensure the safety of your data.
We use a third party data processor to enable entries to our dog shows to be made on line and we have a contract in place to ensure the safety of your data.
How long your information is kept
We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary for each purpose we use it. For most membership data, this means we retain it for so long as you have a valid SFTA membership and for a period of six years after your last interaction with us (for accounting, tax reporting and record-keeping purposes).
You have a right to know what data we hold about you, to make changes or to ask us to stop processing your personal data. If it is not necessary for the purpose you provided it to us for, then we will be happy to do so.
• our website contact form: www.smoothfoxterrierassociation.simpl.com
• post: SFTA c/o Hon Secretary…Jenny Thornton, 20, Kingsfield Road, Biddulph, Stoke on Trent ST8 6DN
• in person, at a SFTA event
Changes to this policy